- Opening in front creates a bridge to relieve pressure from the digital extensor tendon
- Extra cushion and support to dissipate direct pressure on the superficial digital flexor tendon
- Supports and protects the ligaments of the proximal sesamoid bones to reduce load and hyperextension
- Grooves correspond to and create bridges over the palmar digital veins ensuring proper blood circulation
- 45 degree angle allows for proper application of the reinforcing waterproof wrap
We put FlowBoot to the test.
Researchers Professor Lars Roepstorff (Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandry, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden) and Dr. David Marlin (David Marlin Consulting Ltd, Suffolk, UK) tested the FlowBoot in the study, “Locomotion Analysis of Horses Wearing FlowBoots”, and found that horses tend to bear more weight on the limbs equipped with a FlowBoot compared to the limbs that were not protected.